Thursday, October 25, 2012

President Obama pledges military cuts will be "in place"

I want you to believe my lies!

Well that didn't take long. Three days after President Obama said during the final debate on national television that the devastating cuts to our military "will not happen" the Des Moines Register published an "off the record" interview in which President Obama says those cuts will, in fact, take place. Here's his remarks about it:

"So when you combine the Bush tax cuts expiring, the sequester in place, the commitment of both myself and my opponent -- at least Governor Romney claims that he wants to reduce the deficit -- but we’re going to be in a position where I believe in the first six months we are going to solve that big piece of business." [emphasis added]

Two days ago I wrote about how I didn't believe he was telling the truth when he pledged to the American people that those cuts would not happen. The president apparently didn't believe it either, because the very next day he gave that interview. For some reason, it was supposed to be off the record, and the White House wanted it to stay that way, but the Register was pestered by other media outlets to release it and so they did. I guess now we know why the White House wanted it kept secret. It proved the president directly lied to the American people during that debate. Not that we didn't already know that, but it's nice of the president to prove us right.


Breitbart.com has the full story.

No comments:

Post a Comment